January 26, 2018 | 09:00 am – 05:00 pm
Pressroom 6, 4/F New World Makati Hotel
Php 8,000 + VAT per head
Cyberthreats continue to grow in both scope and severity. The number of recurring high profile security breaches continue to grow. There are several implications for cyber security leaders:
- The digital footprint of businesses and individuals continues to expand dramatically; nearly every device is a target and virtually everything can be used to instigate a cyber attack.
- Threats are becoming more intelligent and attacks are increasingly automated, making them extremely difficult to detect.
Given this situation, the Central Bank recently tightened its rules to guard against cybercrime and related risks amid growing concerns on the fast-evolving cyber threats.
This one-day module introduces and combines the key concepts of cybersecurity, cybercrime and data protection in the context of risk management for organizational resilience. Using laws, regulations and case studies to analyze current events and predict next trends, it equips the participants with the necessary mindset and tools that are immediately applicable to businesses. The course emphasizes action plans that encourages holistic approach to the use of technology.
- Module 1 – Development of Cybersecurity / Cybercrime / Data Privacy
- Module 2 – Understanding the Governance, Legal and Governance Frameworks
- Module 3 – Cyber Risk Assessment and Management of Information
- Module 4 – Action Plan for Incidents and Threats
- Module 5 – Trends and the Future of Technology for Business
Board members, CEO, COO, CTO, CIO, other C-level executives, IT Managers, technology providers and practitioners, compliance officers, finance / audit officers
Atty. Geronimo L. Sy is a recognized international lawyer with specialization in technology law with extensive experience on cybersecurity and cybercrime. As career Assistant Secretary of the Department of Justice, he established the landmark Office of Cybercrime. As a prosecutor, he successfully convicted the first two cybercrime cases in the Philippines. He drafted the Cybercrime Prevention Act, Data Privacy Act and acted as resource person for the government’s cybersecurity policies and cyber-legislation. He served in the Supreme Court’s Committees on Criminal Procedure and E-Commerce and the Council of Europe’s experts group.
Atty Sy is a professor of law, a lecturer and author. He holds Management Engineering and Juris Doctor degrees from the Ateneo de Manila University, and studied his Masters and Doctoral (Candidate) courses at the University of the Philippines.
Pesos 8,000 plus VAT per person
For confirmations and more information, please contact Ms. Olivia Ledesma at 759 6680 or email email@example.com.
* In house programs are also available.
** Seminar fee includes coffee breaks, lunch, seminar materials and certificate of attendance.